Need a quick and easy no bake sweet bite?! Read on!
I love having a cookie dough bite with great nutritious ingredients to grab when I want a bite of something sweet. This one is so quick you can make it when you want it and there’s no waiting. There’s a recipe HERE for the original version based on nuts but that doesn’t work for lunch boxes and oats are also a lot cheaper than nuts especially when you go organic. Oats are often a more sustainable option too when you look at the water needed to grow oats vs almonds unless you have a tree in your back yard.
Also bonus, with oats you just need oats and not the other flours so you’re more likely to have everything in your pantry and you don’t need to purchase extra ingredients.
This cookie dough is great in tiny bites on yogurt, added to ice cream, as a bite on its own.
NOTE: The photo shown is a double batch, so one batch makes 8 of those bites you can see!
Raw Cookie Dough (Nut + Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup oat flour you can grind oats in a coffee grinder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon softened coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch Quality salt
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chunks
- Mix softened coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla, in a medium sized bowl.
- If you’re using oats, blend them in a food processor or coffee grinder and add them into the bowl with the salt.
- Mix them well with a spoon and then add the chocolate chips. Get your hands in and mix if you need to until it all comes together fully.
- If it’s still sticky add in another tablespoon of oat flour until it’s a mouldable, pliable dough like playdough.
- Either roll the dough into small balls, or press the dough between pieces of parchment paper and mark them with a knife so you can break it apart easily.
- Place the dough in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- If you're sending cookie dough in a lunch box, freeze it first and individually wrap or box it and it will soften but be perfect dough still!